Emergency Housing

Fresno Housing Authority operates an Emergency Housing Center that provides temporary housing to eligible families who are referred by Fresno County Human Services for housing and supportive services. While in temporary housing, families will receive counseling and relocation services to assist in finding a permanent home.

For information, contact the Fresno County Human Services System 1-866-559-4211.

United Way Fresno and Madera Counties provides free and confidential referral information for the followings: rent and mortgage assistance, food, shelter, healthcare, job training, transportation, childcare, senior care and much more. Simply dial 2-1-1. It’s a free call. You may also visit 2-1-1 at www.uwfm.org. 2-1-1, the number to call when you don’t know who to call.